Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Silver Eye

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

    <font color="royalblue"> How or why do some of the AG dolls/babies get their silver eyes ?
    Are they bought like that, or does something happen to the eye? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] </font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Diana, I know I'm being of no help in asking this, but how have the heads changed over the years?

    Maybe customer service would know if they have older heads. It's creepy to think about them having extra heads for dolls sitting around, isn't it? [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Good luck! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member diana conover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I suppose I could just call AG and ask, but does anyone know if they could just replace the eye without replacing the whole head?
    We have (actually, my son has) an old style bitty baby with one silver eye. I really like the look of the old bbs, and would rather have an old head. I remember someone said that they have a stash of old heads. I wonder if they have Bittys too. I guess I do need to call them.
    I have been busy making "boy" clothes for his baby. My daughter's is named Lulu, and his is just Lou. He really plays with it more than she does

  4. #4
    Sail-Away
    Guest Sail-Away's Avatar

    Post

    They can not replace just the eyes. they will only replace the entire head.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Depending on how the doll is constructed. I know my Molly needed a new head but Sam just got a new eye.

    Silver eye occurred in 10% of the dolls made by Gotz. The colored lens separates from the carrier and leaves the eye a sparkly silver, Benjamin will not let me switch out his silver eyed doll. He likes her as she is.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member diana conover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all the responses. To answer your question, Melissa, the older bitty babies have a fuller face and arms that kind of hold up away from their bodies. They also have a number, I think it is 14, on the backs of their necks.
    I still need to call AG. I'll let you all know how it goes.

  7. #7
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    How or why do some of the AG dolls/babies get their silver eyes ?

    Tracy, there was a good discussion of this on the AGBuddies list at Yahoogroups. Someone asked their chemical engineering brother why this happened. I don't remember the exact answer as it was pretty long, but if I get to the other Board, I'll post the answer for you

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent in my Addy doll who had silver eye. They did not do a total head replacement, they just switched out her eyes. I am not sure if they do that with Bitty Baby or not. Maybe you could call and ask someone at the doll hospital?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •